Monday, July 02, 2018

Happy Birthday to Washington Post Journalist and MSNBC Contributor Jonathan Capehart


Jonathan Capehart was born today, July 2, in 1967. He is an American journalist and television personality. He writes for The Washington Post's Post Partisan blog and is a contributor for MSNBC.

Capehart grew up in Newark, New Jersey, and graduated from Carleton College. Before his work with The Washington Post and MSNBC, Capehart was a researcher for NBC's The Today Show. Subsequently, he worked for the New York Daily News (NYDN), serving as a member of its editorial board from 1993 to 2000. At the time of his hiring, Capehart was youngest-ever member of that newspaper's editorial board. In 2000, he left the NYDN to work at Bloomberg News and afterward, he advised and wrote speeches for Michael Bloomberg during Bloomberg's 2001 run for mayor of New York City. 


In 2002, he returned to the NYDN, serving as deputy editor of the editorial page until 2004. In December 2004, Capehart joined the global public relations company Hill & Knowlton as a Senior Vice President and senior counselor of public affairs.

He joined the staff of The Washington Post as a journalist and editorial board member in 2007. He currently serves in that capacity, in addition to being a contributing commentator for MSNBC.

In 2018, Capehart began guest hosting the WNYC radio show Midday on WNYC (formerly The Leonard Lopate Show).

Capehart was a key contributor to a New York Daily News editorial team that won a Pulitzer Prize in 1999 for Best Editorial Writing. The award was for a series of editorials regarding Harlem's Apollo Theater.

He was a 2011 Esteem Honoree, a distinction given to individuals in recognition of efforts in supporting the African American and LGBT communities in the areas of entertainment, media, civil rights, business, and art.

In May 2016, Capehart became engaged to his boyfriend of over 5 years Nick Schmit (shown above with Capehart), assistant chief of protocol at the State Department. On January 7, 2017, Capehart and Schmit were married by former U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder.

1 comment:

Michills Hills said...

How can I explain this Miracle in my life

to my Mother from Romania,suffering from Mucinous Adino Carcinoma Stage 4 Cancer. She was in very critical stage unable to take any food and sustaining the life with dripping.She also suffering from heavy vomiting and fluid build up on both legs. Health condition is very bad and always need the help of some one.
We tried so many ways and and could not apply any solid food or medicine to her cure.
I had to search for several ways of seeing my mother get cured believing God, and his power.
I had about Herbal Cures from Dr. Odey Abang, the herbalist who helped a friend of mine got cure a year ago from Herpes.
I had to search if I could get my mother cure from the Mucinous Adino Carcinoma Stage 4 Cancer, then I saw comments of testimonies of patients getting cured with Herbal medicines
I wish to immediately I saw a lady from Italy who got cure with HIV/AIDS from the herbalist i was referred to at the initial time for my mother cure.
I felt I should blame myself not to have confident enough to trust my friend, knowing fully well she had been confirmed HSV negative.
I thought It was late,and invited my friend to come help me discuss with him if I'm to take my mother for the cure in his home.
The risk of stressing my mother travelling down there, I showed him all the test results and how she feels about it.
He told me to follow up the instructions and apply the medicine to her accordingly.
To my greatest surprise I received the medicine and apply as instructed and before she could finish her first bottle of the liquid form, I was very excited telling the doctor she is recovering, her cure was confirmed after 48 days of applying the medicine and now strong and healthy, love you mum and special regards to Dr.Odey Abang for your cures to my friend and Mum
Stay off from HIV/AIDS,HSV,HPV DIABETES, HEPATITIS, AND MUCH MORE DANGEROUS DISEASES,
HERBAL MEDICINE IS PURE AND NATURAL ROOTS THAT IM SURE
Dr. Odey Abang can cure.
Contact him directly for your cure and
You will want to testify for your cure

Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

I saw some few testimonies about his Medicine which cures the Cancer and other severe diseases without any side effect. I'm💯lucky to have his contact
Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com