Monday, July 09, 2018

Happy Birthday to Film and Stage Actress Kelly McGillis


Kelly McGillis was born today, July 9, in 1957. She is an actress widely known for her film role as Rachel Lapp in Witness (1985) with Harrison Ford, for which she received Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations; her role as Charlie (below) in Top Gun (1986) with Tom Cruise, and her role as attorney Kathryn Murphy in The Accused (1988).

McGillis was born in Newport Beach, California. She was raised in Los Angeles, and attended the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts in Santa Maria, California. After graduating from high school in 1975, she moved to New York City to study acting at the Juilliard School, where she graduated in 1983. She made her film debut in Reuben, Reuben in 1983.

McGillis' early television roles included a part on the daytime soap One Life to Live in 1984.

During the late 1980's and through the mid 2000's, McGillis was a featured actress at the prestigious Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington DC.

More recently, McGillis starred in Hallmark's An Uncommon Grace last year in which she played a grandmother living on a farm in Amish country. (It's actually her third Amish role, after her breakout performance in the 1985 film Witness and her appearance in the 2014 TV movie Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio.) Other recent roles included the horror films The Innkeepers and We Are What We Are, the thriller Mother of All Secrets, and episodes of the TV shows The L Word and Z Nation.


McGillis married fellow Juilliard student Boyd Black in 1979, but the couple divorced in 1981.She married Fred Tillman in 1989, and they have two daughters. The couple divorced in 2002.


McGillis came out as a lesbian in April 2009 during an interview with SheWired. In 2010, McGillis entered into a civil union with Melanie Leis (at right with McGillis), a Philadelphia sales executive; she and McGillis met in 2000 when Leis was a bartender at Kelly's Caribbean Bar Grill & Brewery in Key West, Florida, which McGillis owned with her then-husband Fred Tillman. They sold the restaurant in June 2017. Leis and McGillis broke up in 2013.

McGillis has had her struggles in the past:
She says she was gang-raped when she was 12, mugged at gunpoint during the early 1980s, and then sexually assaulted by home invaders a year later. Those traumas led Kelly into drug and alcohol abuse, but she became sober by 2001. 

McGillis currently lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina. She teaches acting at The New York Studio for Stage and Screen NYS3 in Asheville, North Carolina. She was left scratched and bruised after being reportedly assaulted by a woman who broke into her North Carolina home on June 17, 2016.

1 comment:

Michills Hills said...

How can I explain this Miracle in my life

to my Mother from Romania,suffering from Mucinous Adino Carcinoma Stage 4 Cancer. She was in very critical stage unable to take any food and sustaining the life with dripping.She also suffering from heavy vomiting and fluid build up on both legs. Health condition is very bad and always need the help of some one.
We tried so many ways and and could not apply any solid food or medicine to her cure.
I had to search for several ways of seeing my mother get cured believing God, and his power.
I had about Herbal Cures from Dr. Odey Abang, the herbalist who helped a friend of mine got cure a year ago from Herpes.
I had to search if I could get my mother cure from the Mucinous Adino Carcinoma Stage 4 Cancer, then I saw comments of testimonies of patients getting cured with Herbal medicines
I wish to immediately I saw a lady from Italy who got cure with HIV/AIDS from the herbalist i was referred to at the initial time for my mother cure.
I felt I should blame myself not to have confident enough to trust my friend, knowing fully well she had been confirmed HSV negative.
I thought It was late,and invited my friend to come help me discuss with him if I'm to take my mother for the cure in his home.
The risk of stressing my mother travelling down there, I showed him all the test results and how she feels about it.
He told me to follow up the instructions and apply the medicine to her accordingly.
To my greatest surprise I received the medicine and apply as instructed and before she could finish her first bottle of the liquid form, I was very excited telling the doctor she is recovering, her cure was confirmed after 48 days of applying the medicine and now strong and healthy, love you mum and special regards to Dr.Odey Abang for your cures to my friend and Mum
Stay off from HIV/AIDS,HSV,HPV DIABETES, HEPATITIS, AND MUCH MORE DANGEROUS DISEASES,
HERBAL MEDICINE IS PURE AND NATURAL ROOTS THAT IM SURE
Dr. Odey Abang can cure.
Contact him directly for your cure and
You will want to testify for your cure

Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

I saw some few testimonies about his Medicine which cures the Cancer and other severe diseases without any side effect. I'm💯lucky to have his contact
Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com