Monday, July 09, 2018

Remembering Movie Star Tab Hunter by Bobby Rivers


Bobby Rivers TV reports:

A movie star died. 1950's Warner Brothers movie star Tab Hunter died just a few days shy of his 87th birthday. Teen girls would scream at the sight of his big, blond beefcake presence. He was handsome. He became a very good actor. He had to learn how to emotionally and spiritually balance stardom with his off-screen life because he was gay man. Onscreen, he was doing love scenes with luscious beauties such as Sophia Loren, Natalie Wood and Linda Darnell.

One of his boyfriends was actor Anthony Perkins who gained international fame as Norman Bates in the Alfred Hitchcock classic, PSYCHO. A few years ago, a big and brawny straight buddy of mine (a fellow classic film fan) urged me to see the documentary TAB HUNTER CONFIDENTIAL. He said "Dude, if I love him, you will love him even more after seeing that documentary." He was right. Hunter is so warm, so honest and forthcoming in that doc. He talked about his past boyfriends and his current longtime partner. Besides the very interesting look at Hollywood's sexual politics and repression when he was a 1950s movie star, you get the sense that he was a great boyfriend to have. He went for content and character, not just looks. Check out Netflix for TAB HUNTER CONFIDENTIAL.

See full posting here

3 comments:

Raybeard said...

I remember well his 'Young Love' which topped our record charts here for 7 weeks when I was 10 (6 weeks in U.S.). It was the very first sheet music I ever bought to play on the piano. (In those days sheet music was so popular it had a 'chart' of its own!)

I didn't know about his 'friendship' with Tony Perkins, which can only indicate what a sheltered life I've led!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I decided to read more about this man because of this post. Mamma mia was he ever a handsome guy in his day! Isn't it ironic that many of America's handsome boy next door types that were held up as examples for straight men, were actually gay or bisexual!

Michills Hills said...

How can I explain this Miracle in my life

to my Mother from Romania,suffering from Mucinous Adino Carcinoma Stage 4 Cancer. She was in very critical stage unable to take any food and sustaining the life with dripping.She also suffering from heavy vomiting and fluid build up on both legs. Health condition is very bad and always need the help of some one.
We tried so many ways and and could not apply any solid food or medicine to her cure.
I had to search for several ways of seeing my mother get cured believing God, and his power.
I had about Herbal Cures from Dr. Odey Abang, the herbalist who helped a friend of mine got cure a year ago from Herpes.
I had to search if I could get my mother cure from the Mucinous Adino Carcinoma Stage 4 Cancer, then I saw comments of testimonies of patients getting cured with Herbal medicines
I wish to immediately I saw a lady from Italy who got cure with HIV/AIDS from the herbalist i was referred to at the initial time for my mother cure.
I felt I should blame myself not to have confident enough to trust my friend, knowing fully well she had been confirmed HSV negative.
I thought It was late,and invited my friend to come help me discuss with him if I'm to take my mother for the cure in his home.
The risk of stressing my mother travelling down there, I showed him all the test results and how she feels about it.
He told me to follow up the instructions and apply the medicine to her accordingly.
To my greatest surprise I received the medicine and apply as instructed and before she could finish her first bottle of the liquid form, I was very excited telling the doctor she is recovering, her cure was confirmed after 48 days of applying the medicine and now strong and healthy, love you mum and special regards to Dr.Odey Abang for your cures to my friend and Mum
Stay off from HIV/AIDS,HSV,HPV DIABETES, HEPATITIS, AND MUCH MORE DANGEROUS DISEASES,
HERBAL MEDICINE IS PURE AND NATURAL ROOTS THAT IM SURE
Dr. Odey Abang can cure.
Contact him directly for your cure and
You will want to testify for your cure

Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

I saw some few testimonies about his Medicine which cures the Cancer and other severe diseases without any side effect. I'm💯lucky to have his contact
Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com